Your Sony guarantee: what you need to know
Sony product needs a repair? Find out if it’s covered under the guarantee..
General Sony guarantees:
In general, Sony offers a standard 1 year guarantee that covers almost all Sony products. Some exceptions exist however:
- Xperia Products (e.g. smartphones) offer a standard 2 year guarantee
- lamps, projectors and batteries have a more limited guarantee
- Car & Marine Entertainment: XS-***ES high-end models benefit from a standard 3 year guarantee
If you need a repair, you have to show your original purchase documents. If you don’t have these, you will have to pay for any repairs.
Some other products, such as lamps, projectors and batteries have a limited warranty. To find out more, see the general Sony guarantee conditions
What’s not covered under guarantee?
You are not covered for damage caused by:
- the product being dropped
- the product being used in the wrong way
- Periodic maintenance and repair or parts replacement due to wear and tear (such as the backlight for LCD Monitors)
- Persistent image retention (burn-in) caused by constant projection of the same image or images.
For more information, read the general Sony guarantee conditions
Damaged caused in one of these ways? Don’t worry, you can still get your Sony product repaired – you just need to pay a fee. Read more about repair prices and your options