IMPORTANT: Before any services are provided on the Product and in the event that Sony might have to delete data, you must ensure that you back up any data you have stored or software you have installed. Sony shall not be responsible for any damage to or loss of any programs, data or other information stored on any media or any part of any Product service.
Thank you for purchasing your Sony product. We hope you will be happy using it.
In the unlikely event that your product needs guarantee service, please contact Tablet Support or your dealer or a member of our authorised service network (ASN) in the European Economic Area (EEA) or other countries designated by this Guarantee or accompanying leaflets. To avoid any unnecessary inconvenience on your part, we recommend that you read the documentation carefully before seeking guarantee service.
This Guarantee applies to your Sony product if stated in the leaflets that accompanied your
product provided that it was purchased within the Guarantee Area. By this Guarantee, Sony
guarantees the product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the date of
original purchase for a period of not less than TWO YEARS from that date. The Sony company that provides and will honour this Guarantee is designated in this Guarantee or accompanying leaflets under the country where you seek guarantee service.
If within the guarantee period the product is determined to be defective (at the date of original purchase) due to improper materials or workmanship, Sony or an ASN member in the Guarantee Area will, without charge for labour or parts, repair or (at Sony's discretion) replace the product or its defective parts subject to the terms and limitations below. Sony and ASN members may replace defective products or parts with new or refurbished products or parts. All products and parts replaced become the property of Sony.
- Guarantee services will be provided only if the original invoice or sales receipt
(indicating the date of purchase, model name and dealer's name) is presented with the
defective product within the guarantee period. Sony and ASN members may refuse
free-of-charge guarantee service if these documents are not presented or if they are
incomplete or illegible.
This Guarantee will not apply if the model name or serial number on the product has been altered, deleted, removed or made illegible.
To avoid damage to or loss/erasure of removable data storage media or accessories,
you must remove these before submitting your product for guarantee service.
- This Guarantee does not cover transport costs and risks associated with transport of
your product to and from Sony or an ASN member.
- This guarantee does not cover:
- periodic maintenance and repair or parts replacement due to wear and tear
- consumables (components that are expected to require periodic replacement during the lifetime of a product such as batteries). Please note that by this guarantee, Sony guarantees that the battery which is included in your Sony product at the date of original purchase is free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 6 months from that date
- damage or defects caused by use, operation or treatment of the product inconsistent with normal personal or domestic use
- damage or changes to the product as a result of misuse, including:
- treatment resulting in physical, cosmetic or surface damage or changes to the product or damage to liquid crystal displays.
- failure to install or use the product for its normal purpose or in accordance with Sony instructions on installation or use.
- failure to follow Sony Safety Regulations instructions.
- failure to maintain the product in accordance with Sony instructions on proper maintenance.
- installation or use of the product in a manner inconsistent with the technical or safety laws or standards in the country where it is installed or used.
- virus infections or use of the product with software not provided with the product or incorrectly installed software.
- the condition of or defects in systems with which the product is used or incorporated except other Sony products designed to be used with the product.
- use of the product with accessories, peripheral equipment and other products of a type, condition and standard other than prescribed by Sony.
- repair or attempted repair by persons who are not Sony or ASN members.
- adjustments or adaptations without Sony's prior written consent, including:
- upgrading the product beyond specifications or features described in the instruction manual, or
- modifications to the product to conform it to national or local technical or safety standards in countries other than those for which the product was specifically designed and manufactured.
- accidents, fire, liquids, chemicals, other substances, flooding, vibrations, excessive heat, improper ventilation, power surges, excess or incorrect supply or input voltage, radiation, electrostatic discharges including lighting, other external forces and impacts.
- This guarantee covers only hardware components of the product. It does not cover
software (whether of Sony or others) for which an end-user license agreement or
separate warranty/guarantee statements or exclusions are provided or intended to
- We would like to inform you that the diagnostic fee of your product shall be paid by you
a) the diagnosis of your product performed by Sony or by an authorised Sony Service center proves that you will not be entitled to a repair under this guarantee (for whatever reason) to rectify the defect;
b) or your product is working properly and no hardware fault could be diagnosed.
- Faulty Pixels Policy:
The permitted number of defective pixels in flat panel displays that meet the requirements of ISO 13406-2 represents less than 0.0005% of the total. The Tablet Support includes a "Faulty Pixels Policy" topic which allows you to verify the Faulty Pixels Policy applicable to your Tablet.
Exclusions and limitations
Except as stated above, Sony makes no warranties (express, implied, statutory or otherwise) regarding product or accompanying or constituent software quality, performance, accuracy, reliability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise. If this exclusion is not permitted or fully permitted by applicable law, Sony excludes or limits its warranties only to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. Any warranty that cannot be fully excluded will be limited (as far as permitted by applicable law) to the duration of this Guarantee.
Sony's only obligation under this Guarantee is to repair or replace products subject to these
Guarantee terms and conditions. Sony is not liable for any loss or damage relating to
products, service, this Guarantee or otherwise, including
- economic or intangible losses
- the price paid for the product
- loss of profits, revenue, data, enjoyment or use of the product or any associated products
- indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage.
This applies whether that loss or damage relates to:
- impaired or non-operation of the product or associated products through defects or unavailability while with Sony or an ASN member, which caused downtime, loss of user time or business interruption
- inaccuracy of output from the product or associated products.
- damage to or loss of software programs or removable data storage media, or
- virus infections and other causes.
This applies to loss and damages under any legal theory, including negligence and other torts, breach of contract, express or implied warranty, and strict liability (even where Sony or an ASN member has been advised of the possibility of such damages).
Where applicable law prohibits or limits these liability exclusions, Sony excludes or limits its
liability only to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. For example, some
countries prohibit the exclusion or limitation of damages resulting from negligence, gross
negligence, willful misconduct, deceit and similar acts. Sony's liability under this guarantee
will in no case exceed the price paid for the product, but if applicable law permits only higher liability limitations, the higher limitations apply.
Your legal rights reserved
Consumers have legal (statutory) rights under applicable national laws relating to the sale of consumer products. This guarantee does not affect statutory rights you may have nor those rights that cannot be excluded or limited, nor rights against the person from whom you purchased the product. You may assert any rights you have at your sole discretion.
Sony Europe Limited,
Trading as Sony Belgium, bijkantoor van (branch) Sony Europe Limited.
A company registered in England and Wales.
Registered office: The Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0XW, United Kingdom
Registered company number: 2422874
Local Address: Da Vincilaan 7 - D1, 1935 Zaventem, Belgium